Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Morning Joe

Yes! Today is a new day and I am feeling alive and in charge. It's so funny how sometimes being at a super low point helps motivate you to see what you need to do. So here I am, waiting for my committee to return from vacation so we can get rolling on this last phase of the PhD. I must admit, I've never felt so blown...I understand it's just the cycle of life in that faculty go on summer vacations, etc. However, I want OUT. Thank God I have a good editor...speaking of which, I need to send her my final copy this week. I have been in graduate school for 8 years and the worst part is so NOT the fact I live at home...it's the fact that former students, with undergraduate degrees, will be making way more than I will as a post-doc [insert tears here]. No, I am not being a hater but simply in a space where it's time for the rubber to meet the road. I can't live the broke life much longer...it's too hard and overly depressing. I need to move out. I am ready to become a venture capitalist...the problem is internal. I hear you have to separate your investment strategies from your emotions. Maybe that's why I am in education and not business, although I wish I had pursued a MBA. Not only would I be making some money, I would have been able to complete the program in 2-3 years & enjoyed the remainder of my 20s. Alas, that's not what I did so let me move on. I need to hit this gym as my dissertation weight is totally obvi. I am sure I will see/hear something in the meanwhile that will spark my interest in returning to the blog log. Hope your morning is off to a wonderful start. Ciao nor now

No comments:

Post a Comment